im a feminist...thnk you Susan B.Anthony

Friday, January 21, 2011

I LOVE HBCUS!

I enjoy going to an HBCU more than i thought i would. Growing up around the Virginia Beach area there is always so much negetivity towards schools like Virginia State and Norfolk State. And plus going to school being the "token" black girl made me appreciate more diversity. I feel like my high school was pretty diverse, and i hoped for my college to be the same way. To my surprise i ended up at the place i didnt want to be and i LOVE IT!I love going to norfolk state and i loove being at an HBCU. I like the idea of being taught by educated african americans and surrounding myself with educated african americans its truely amazing.  I understand this isnt the place iw ould have chosen for myself but i dont regret my decision of transfering because i truely love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment